I was tagged to do this by Casey at InspiredByThePage (thanks!) and it happens to be my first award.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
I‘m going to pick the first 15 bloggers that I’ve followed as my nominees for this tag. Here they are:
- Kirsty Reads
- A Novel Glimpse
- Life: Books, the Arts, and Nature
- Princessica of Books
- Vook: Books + Video Games
- Book of Words
- The Book Wars
- 101 Books
- The Bookshelf of Emily J
- Dysfunctional Literacy
- BookPeople’s Blog
- If Books Could Blog
Right, so now it’s time for me to tell you all about how this blog originated:
Basically, I used to love reading. And writing. And everything, really. But my life was turned around by anorexia, depression, anxiety and self-harm, which left me in a dark place. But several therapists and a trip to an inpatient eating disorder unit, and here I am! For Christmas, all the girls at my unit were given gifts; one of mine was the Divergent trilogy. A few months later I decided to read them, and simply fell in love with reading all over again. Turns out, reading is the best distraction from all the things going on in my head. After joining Goodreads, I made a blog on Blogger. But I didn’t get on with the way it worked, and ended up here on WordPress instead.
And here’s a little advice for those of you who are new to blogging:
All I’m really going to say is to just keep it up! No one wants to follow a blog who rarely posts anything, or who doesn’t include a bit of character in their posts. Don’t go too crazy, but a few memes/tags that you partake in repeatedly, and a decent amount of interesting posts to keep your followers hooked should be enough too keep you blog going strong. (My advice is limited due to the fact that I, myself, am still rather new. I do apologise.)