Thank you Perfection in Books for the nomination to take part in this award! I’ve never seen this one before, so it’s nice to be part of it.
This award is given to smaller bloggers to help gain recognition and also bring the book community closer together.
The rules for the award are:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
The Questions (Given by Perfection in Books):
- When did your love for books start?
Well… I’ve loved books for as long as I can remember. I used to sit with my friends and write my own stories and everything! But after my *ahem* hiatus, it was the box-set of the Divergent series given to me by the eating disorder unit I was in last Christmas. I’ve rarely put a book down since.
- Weird thing about you.
I’m not gonna lie, there are a lot of weird things about me. I suppose one thing is my hatred/fear of the wind, and my need to hold on to everything near me in fear that the wind will otherwise take it away. Oh, and my fear of holding an umbrella on a windy day.
- An obsession (besides books)
Animals. Mostly my own pets. I was extremely obsessed with my kitten until he was suddenly taken from our lives this week. But I love to tell animals how much I love every little thing about them, and pamper them to death.
- Which is the funniest book you have ever read?
Huh, this is a hard one. I don’t really read funny books, but I sincerely appreciate humorous aspects thrown into the books I do read. I suppose Geekhood: Close Encounters of the Girl Kind is the closest I’ve come to a funny book as far as I can remember.
- And the most scary?
Ah, who doesn’t love a good horror? Sadly, I have a ton of them in my TBR list, but not many that I’ve read yet. But Frozen Charlotte and Unrest were pretty spooky.
- Favorite thing about your country.
Honestly, I just love British traditions. And I love the little towns and villages and clumps of countryside, especially driving past all the fields on the way to Devon in the summer…
- Dream job?
Architect, interior designer, vet, wildlife photographer, marine biologist, wildlife researcher… The list goes on.
- Which one do you prefer: reviewing or doing tags?
Yikes. I suppose tags are always something a bit different, but I do love to put my opinion on each book out there for others to read. Honestly, I can’t decide which I prefer!
- Favorite phone app?
Hmm… Would it be bad to say Goodreads?
- Favorite thing about blogging?
Spreading my opinions and hearing what others have to say!
- Choose a quote you really like and write it (so we can all read it!)
I don’t look at many quotes, but this one is great:
“I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.”
― Douglas Adams,
- I’ve always had at least one cat.
- I have a pet corn snake who lives at the end of my bed. (Yes, he eats mice.)
- I’ve seen two Fall Out Boy concerts in the past two years.
- My older brother has recently gone to uni in Leeds and is studying music production.
- I used to act with a drama group in my town from the age of six until about eleven.
- I can play the keyboard, piano, organ and guitar but haven’t played properly for years.
- I’m in year eleven at school.
- I turn sixteen this December.
- I’m currently wearing a onesie…
- I wear contacts every day, and glasses at night or when I’m at home (like now).
- I go to a school where I only attend classes with one or two other students, a few times a week (due to mental health issues).
Nominations: (I apologise if any of you have already done this tag!)
- Making Days Better
- Your Daughter’s Bookshelf
- Mud and Stars
- Sue’s Reading Corner
- What is the first book you remember reading?
- Why did you start blogging?
- How many books do you read each month?
- What’s your favourite genre?
- Is there a book that you liked more than you expected?
- Have you got a favourite author?
- Do you take notice of different publishers or have a favourite?
- Tea or coffee?
- How many times have you moved house/home?
- Do you have any friends in other countries?
- What’s the weirdest book you’ve ever read?